With Valentine’s Day in San Antonio fast approaching, couples are looking for a romantic and unique date night spot downtown to celebrate. While there may be multiple options, only one offers a decadent five-course meal in a local distillery, brewery, and restaurant in downtown San Antonio.
Here at Maverick Whiskey, we are continuing the legacy of San Antonio legend Samuel Maverick, by distilling his original recipe for white whiskey, and brewing home-made craft beer in the three story historic Lockwood National Bank. In addition to the brewery and distillery, our venue also offers a full restaurant and bar on the second floor. As well as an event space on the third.
On Valentine’s Day, we will offer a five course menu with a suggested drink pairing, and a complimentary glass of bubbly for only $65 per person.
Each guest will start with amuse of Texas caviar, butter poached shrimp, and avocado cream. Amuse is a French term which means ‘a little bit of food.’ It is typically served before the meal to stimulate the appetite.
For the second course each guest can choose between three different appetizers including:
- A charcuterie platter with house tasso ham, sopresetta, local sausage, smoked cheddar, bleu cheese, fresh berries, & local honeycomb
- Oyster Rockefeller with fennel, bacon, parmesan, spinach cream
- Mushroom Ceviche with mushroom mix, leche d’tigre, thai cashew cream
Third & Forth Course
After appetizers, guest can choose between a soup or salad of their choice. And for the fourth course we will be offering three different options to choose from.
- Smoked Duck Bacon Carbonara: House cured duck bacon, mushrooms, sweet peas on a bed of fettuccine
- Sam’s Filet: Purple mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, pan demi glace sauce
- Stuffed Redfish: Crawfish stuffed redfish fillet with fennel hash, and herbed lemon butter
To end the meal, guests can indulge in a Strawberry Chocolate Explosion of chocolate mousse, strawberry three ways, and whiskey whipped cream.
We hope you will join us for a unique Valentine’s Day in San Antonio, at downtown’s Maverick Whiskey. Reservations for this dinner are not required, but encourage. Please click here to reserve your spot through Open Table.